Monday, April 23, 2018

Egyptian Sherman

This is the latest DRAGON kit in the "Six Day War" series.  It is coincidental that I was going to scrap build this when I found the picture on line, then I saw that Dragon was issuing the kit.


It seems that the French had put their AMX-13 turret on these old Shermans (M4A4), changing from 76mm to 90mm guns. As you can see they added more armor plates to the hull sides.


Though this was probably done to various M4 Sherman types, the lower engine (back end) differs from the exhaust configurations I found in my research.


I did make some minor corrections as the kit did not include the correct parts for mounting the spare track links horizontally across the front hull plate.


I also added the canvas cover under the front  turret mount. I am not entirely sure the Egyptians maintained all the tools on the tank, but I put them on anyway as well as some additional stowage.



Vince B.  4-22-18

2 comments:

Mike Stucker said...

Why does this make me think of George Costanza in Seinfeld: "There was shrinkage!"

Werner said...

Well done! I seriously dig the articulated running gear!