I used the old Tamiya kit, mostly from the box. I added some minor stowage and a few hooks and and antenna. After assembling the Flackvierling, I drilled out the gunsight and added in stretched sprue as the cross hairs. After completing all pinting, I filled the sight with Krystal Klear.
I painted it in various sections keeping the turret, gun and chassis separate while I detailed. I started with a dark gray base coat and then slowly added the color pattern of light tan, light green and light chestnut. With several layers of gloss coat between the decals and dullcoats between the model master enamels and the oil washes, I managed to get the proper weathered effect. I dabbed metalizer dark aluminum on the edges as paint wear and added final washes of dark brown and black.