I am big sucker for cool box art, Russian stuff and engineering vehicles. So when this one hit the market I was doomed. I picked it up from a Chinese vendor on the net for about $50 and I splurged on an Ammo by Mig paint set (Modern Russian Camo Colors) and off I went.
Although being a high part count kit (1,300 pieces) many are associated with the tracks. It comes with a fret of photo etch for the grills and some rubber like hoses for the external fuel tanks. The kit has its roots in Meng's T-90 model, so there are a bunch of pieces not used.
I spent two weekends assembling hull, turret and mine roller and then a third entire weekend on the tracks.. I think they are the most frustrating component of any model I have every built. Needless to say, I only installed the parts of the tracks that are visible outside of the fender skirts.
I think my freehand camo scheme came out OK. As I've stated before I always mess up something This time I used a clear satin coat in lieu of a gloss clear coat prior to applying and oil wash. Rather than allowing the wash to run into all the recessed area, the satin coat kind of absorbed the wash and the finish turned out splotchy
After taking the photos I realize it probably could use some more weathering and highlights. My problem is I got a few other projects call at me from the bench and I've already spent more time on this one than usual. I'm calling it done and moving on to my entry for the club's 2nd Banana contest in February.
Thanks for looking - George