Saturday, January 29, 2011

I started a new diorama

 Hey guys I started a new diorama and wanted to share some of my very preliminary pictures.


I decided to use the very fine Dragon set of very late war Grenadiers.



I needed a tank crew so this set was selected to meet the need.
The general story line is a recon force of Panzer Grenadiers supported by a Wirblewind has run across a RR line. On the other side a few pieces of US armor have been destroyed and a few US soldiers are surrendering.

The Tamiya Wirblewind with a Zestorer 45 conversion from New Connenctions in Germany is used as the main piece. The Zestorer 45 was the 30mm Mk 103 quad mounted on a normal Wirlewind. In reality this was done only in a single protoype but I like to stretch the truth. hehehe

As you can see I like to use blue insulation foam as the filler for my ground work. I'll glue it together with PVA and shape it before I apply the ground work. The RR track is from the Trumpeter line and is used right out of the box.

The jeep is from Tamiya and it's trailer is from CGM productions out of France. It is a signal corps trailer but I'm using it a a general purpose trailer.The lead grenadier is from Nemrod and is resin out of the box. The other figures sport new heads and the tank crew will not remain headless, I'm waiting for a deliver of new Hornet heads form Colorado Miniatures. The base size for this project will be a smallish 12" x 10".  I'll post more later.......

No comments: