Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My 1/48th Tamiya Jagdtiger and Pzkw III



Gotta give Drew credit for turning me on to these great Tamiya kits in 1/48th! I'm a relative beginner, but am having a blast with these. My current project (just started) is the Jagdpanther. Next up are the Pzkw IV and the Tiger I.

BTW, once upon a time I was a home brewer and as such I have a cylinder of CO2 that I used to use for artificially carbonating my brews. I'm thinking now of converting it for use with my Badger airbrush. Has anyone done the CO2 cylinder thing and have any words of wisdom to offer?

Thanks,
Mark Warnack

4 comments:

Grenadier37 said...

Looking good Mark.

Do yourself a favor, ditch the CO2 and get an air compressor. They're cheaper in the long run, and a whole lot less hastle.

Keith said...

Mark:

Your builds are looking good, but the pictures are a little dark. What type of lighting are you using?

Mark Warnack said...

I think I'll get a compressor then. Any recommendations on one that I might pick up at a local shop?

I used my Blackberry for the photos, with the flash turned on (as I recall).

Thanks for the comments!

Grenadier37 said...

Well...Fred had a compressor for sale, it's listed on the blog (scroll down, it might still be there). Or, aquire a 40% off coupon from HobbyLobby and get one from them. That's what I did.