Sunday, July 3, 2011

M60: US Marines vs. IDF

In the past few years I have built two vesions of the M60 Tank. The US Marines version which was a Tamiya kit and the Blazer IDF version which was Italeri.

The first is the Tamiya, relatively out of the box with added sowage. I believe this scheme was from the early Desert Storm operation in Iraq.

The second is the Israeli modification of what I believe is the same tank but with different reactive armor. Other differences are in the barrel and the unique bussle rack which I had to scratchbuild. That was a lot of fun working from the museum photos I found. Other israeli modifications include the variety of machine guns on the hatches and mounted to the main gun mantlet, Grenade and smoke launchers on both sides of the main gun.

The Bussle rack was bulit with evergreen strips, rod and stretched sprue for the wrap around cables. More stowage was added including Israeli Food ration cartons.


2 comments:

Fred Levesque said...

Great post Vince! I love the pictures, bring some more!

azraelbloodhunter said...

very nice work one day i will be good as you...but for now i keep trying....thank you again for the missing part the kit is already painted i will bring this to the meeting...can you please bring your m-60 israeli i just want to take a close look to the basket when i make my i just make the fake and cover it with a canvas so my basket don't really show and the kit when to a friend of my all the way to tulsa......any way keep building ...latter