Thursday, June 14, 2012

M48 in 1/72 scale

Hi Gang.  Guess it is time to learn how to do this all over again since they changed the blogger.

The kit is an old AMT. There were a lot of inaccuracies and I was only able to improve a few of them. I changed the commanders cupola, added headlight guards, scratch built a tow cable, and scratch built a reasonable muzzle break. I added the power line and the third support for the seach light and the lift hooks on the turret.


Even tthough I wanted a Vietnam version, the barrel is still wrong. The one thing that would have taken way more time than it was worth was fixing the road wheels and tracks. The actual M-48 has split road wheels and a center track guide. I couldnt imagine adding in the track teeth and groving the road wheels.


 I selected resin stowage from my stores including packs, bags, boxes and gas and water cans. The antennae are Fiber Optic line.

Has anyone seen 1/72 resin or white metal ammo cans? Does anyone make these in bulk for .30 and .50 cal?



I painted with model Master Enamals and weathered with oils and chalk.




Vince B  June 14.

No comments: