Tuesday, December 17, 2013

SAS Jeep

This is the Italeri SAS Commando Car, which is really just a jury rigged Willis Jeep. The kit was basic and an easy build. Based on the actual photos I found on line, it was not a great representation of actual vehicles used by the SAS, so I did some modification. I cut the front grill and mounted the spare water / gas cans on a scratch built rack.

 
I also added some personal weapons and stowage. 

 
The model was painted with enamels and weathered with oils. After more dull coats, I performed the oil dot matrix technique to vary the shades of green. I added more dullcoat then dry brushed.
 
 
Finally I used some MIG pigments with the turpenoid to create the splashed mud effect. on the tires and wheel wells.
 
VB 12-17-13
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent weathering work!!