Monday, June 9, 2014

M5 Light Tank‏

Tamiya M5 Light Tank. This is the old kit with the switch and battery holes still in the chassis. This really fit together well, so well in fact that I didn't even need to do any research on the M5, which seems to be a variant of the Stewart.

Notice??? No Additional Stowage.  Yes. I did this out of the box. I like Tamiya kits for that purpose.

I was able to practice some old techniques that I hadn't done in a while. Drew's last presentation inspired me to take that reminiscent step and use powders for mud and muck. I combined that with some grime I had saved. I don't know what it is exactly. Might have been coffee grounds at one time.

I also did the oil washes over the gloss coat and the dot wash over the flat coat. I think you can see the slight color variations and fading of the green.

I added some trashed floral bits onto the hedge cutter with more mud.

Vince Barrale






1 comment:

maximex said...

Hi.
A great job.
The influence of age (rust) appears very realistic.