Wednesday, June 3, 2015

1/35 scale KROTE

This will be one of my tributes to John Ford and probably the most favorite kit I found in his stash. I wasn't expecting to find a NITTO. This was an old 1980s German themed Sci Fi kit.  Well, being tired of seeing all of the neat looking German Sci Fi, I decided to turn the tables and make this a WWII U.S. scout vehicle.
 


 The original kit comes with a figure as 1/20 scale.   It would never even fit into this armored suit. The actual scale should be 1/35 so I outfitted the stowage to that scale instead.
Kit even provided parts and instructions for mounting a bulb in the spotlight and a motor for the cannon. Of course I took advantage of this and Yes the light and cannon operate from a home made circuit under the base.
Other options included actual springs and copper wiring. I added some additional detailing then painted up and weathered.
 
Vince B.  6-3-15

No comments: