Tuesday, April 19, 2016



NEW Build
Alliance Model Works - Sd.Kfz. 9 - FAMO with 88mm FlaK 37
Anti-Tank and Anti-Aircraft Vehicle

I recently purchased a kit I'd wanted for a long time. It is the anti-tank and anti-aircraft vehicle based on the 18 ton FAMO. The pictures of the partially built model are from the internet and are NOT my model. I haven't started my model yet but I thought I'd show you what it might look like as I go.

This is the first installment of a build I hope is fun and challenging. During my progress I'll make more installments as time allows.

(from AuchtungPanzer.com - http://www.achtungpanzer.com/88cm-flak-37-selbstfahrlafette-auf-18-ton-zugkraftwagen.htm)
8.8cm Flak 37 Selbstfahrlafette auf 18 ton Zugkraftwagen

8.8cm Flak 37 Selbstfahrlafette auf 18 ton Zugkraftwagen
8.8cm Flak 37 Selbstfahrlafette auf 18 ton Zugkraftwagen
In 1940, 15 vehicles armed with 88mm Flak 18 were produced using FAMO Sd.Kfz.9 chassis and were used as anti-aircraft vehicles.  In 1942, order was placed by the Luftwaffe and Heer to build 112 8.8cm Flak 37 auf Zgkw 18t.  The vehicle was a Sd.Kfz.9 halftrack mounted with an armored cab and platform to mount the 88mm gun. The gun itself had limited traverse because of the armored cab and could only be fully traversed with the gun elevated. First 14 vehicles were delivered in June and July of 1943, but the order was cancelled and further production did not continue.












No comments: