Tuesday, August 16, 2016

M998 Gun Truck or (Who Spilled the Ice)

This was an Academy kit. After having done a lot of web searches, I found that I could do just about anything with this subject and it wouldn't be wrong. It makes me feel like doing another one with even more modifications.


I added stowage everywhere that I could find used from web photos. I really liked so many of them had spare tires strapped to the hood or the front grill so I stuffed the center with more stowage.
I used Tamiya tape for all of the stowage straps. I also added components from the MENG modern stowage set which included some nice coolers. I just had to open one up and fill it.

 I had several clear water bottles and found some useless decals to wrap around them. Cant even tell what they say, but looks like a water bottle label. I stuffed a piece of water soaked toilet paper in and covered it with watered down Crystal Clear.  While it was still wet, I sprinkled in some table salt and stuck the bottles to it.
 I included some spare ammo  and fuel cans and crates, tents and personal stowage for the crew.

Vince B. Aug 16

2 comments:

Jon Baker said...

Vince-

I really love the ice chest treatment. Well done.

Akshay said...

Here you find out the Ice Chest Reviews based on their features and types like a rotomolded design, bear-proof coolers etc. Reviews For most of brands likeYeti Coolers