Sunday, October 1, 2017

M4A2 Sherman PTO

This is a Dragon kit that I have bene trying to find a good deal on.  I felt I had been neglecting WWII U.S. hardware, so I picked this up in San Antonio in Feb.


I also had been looking for an excuse to try out Value Gear resin products. Coincidentally, they came out with new Sherman bundles whole I was working this, so I bought a few packages to accessorize.


 A few details I added was the Rebar spikes welded to the hull and turret hatches as seen in many of the Pacific Islands photos. I found that using abandoned plastic tow cables worked great to give the textured effect.

 Along with the Value Gear resin bundles, I added other plastic and resin accessories to fill it out.


Using enamels for prime colors, I washed repeatedly with oils and scrubbed in various blue and white accents for the weathering.

Vince B. 10-1-17

No comments: