Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Grille 30 ...$#^*^%# some other stuff

This is the recent Trumpeter kit of yet another not so feasible German Artillery piece.  Not sure if this monster was even on paper, but you will see it up close at the HAC Club contest in May.


Since this was entirely hypothetical, I decided to try a new camo pattern. I painted it with the dark Panzer Gray first.  then I cut strips of tape to make a random cross hatch pattern and re-painted lightly with a lighter shade of blue gray.


Of course I had to add some stowage since the kit didn't even have grab handles on the massive slab sides.  I put in some baskets, ammo crates etc.


The commanders hatch also did not have a machine gun so I added a ring and gun from a Tiger tank. Also needed to add Pioneer tools around the tow cables.

1 comment:

Fred Levesque said...

Really like the camo! Great work Vince.