Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Tamiya Stug III in 1/48 scale

I am really liking these 1/48 scale Tamiya kits.  Some of the early ones like this Stug came with a cast metal hull.  The lower hull plastic parts need to be secured with cyocr..... (super glue).  The upper hull is secured to the lower hull with two screws which are hidden under the hatches. The tracks are length and link with the built in sag on the upper runs. Not necessary if you use the side skirts (Sechwan?) Schurzen.



Black dog makes great resin stowage sets.  There is usually enough to spread over two kits so I have been coordinating these around the other German 1/48 scale kits.



The details on these kits is as good and fit as well as with the Tamiya 1/35 scale kits. Surprisingly, I started on this one at the san Antonio show, bought it from Eric.  Should have bought the others before Kern and Moon got to them.


I was able to complete the lower hull separate from the upper hull. Once completed, I set the lower hull into the base groundwork and screwed it down.  Afterward I screwed the upper hull to the lower hull and glued in the hatch plates.

Vince B 4-17-18

1 comment:

Werner said...

Nice job Vince, I really dig the ambush camo.