Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Tamiya Israeli Tiran 5SH

As a Tamiya kit, I don't need to give you details of the build.  It fits great as expected. They call it a Tiran 5 though it is actually the captured Russian / Egyptian T55s Upgraded with the M60 105MM gun so it is a Tiran 5SH.



I added some stowage from a Legend bulk set for Israeli tanks. I like the larger legend sets of resin accessories because you have enough to spread over 2 or 3 kits.

As usual, I use a Metalic lacquer primer before I start with shades of enamel color.  Then with varying shades of heavy wash, I fill in the crevices.  After several dull coats, I dry brushed.



Old trophies make great bases. I have also found a variety of cutting boards at Big Lots which save a lot of time as well, no staining or sealing needed.



Vince B.  5-1-18