Friday, December 27, 2019

M4A3E8

This is Tamiya's M4A3E8 in 1/35 scale.


This also happens to be my very first Sherman model. Kit was built from the box with the exception of adding a Value Gear Stowage set and a couple of grab irons on the left side of the turret. 

She was painted with Vallejo Olive Brown and then over sprayed with a very thin coat to Tamiya Olive Drab which gave it the color depth I was looking for.

She I added some a small amount of paint chipping and weathered her with a pin wash, some Vallejo Black Mud and some Vallejo pigments.


Kit went together well and painting the stowage was a pain, but it adds significant detail. The figure is stock out of the box and I took the liberty of adding a microphone cord for some additional realism. It is really a nice kit and I am considering building another one to commemorate the 761st Black Panther Tank Battlion.
Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

George Karker said...

stowage looks great. I agree it's a pain, but when done it really pops the looks of the model. Your figure looks great, this is one area I need some help with. If poorly painted 1/35 figures had value, I'd be rich.

Vince said...

This should make a great addition to our Generals build.