Saturday, February 5, 2022

Tigerzahn (Tiger Tooth)

 Modelcollect 1/35 scale German Paper Panzer Dreams..... Bad Dreams. Though the kit design of this Tiger III was fantastic, I wanted to to make beyond any creation of a paper panzer. There are lots of added details including the barrel extension, supports and recoil springs.

I enjoyed creating the camo scheme using the modeling putty in random string patterns. Ultimately it fit well into the forest scene like real camo. 

I performed at least six separate weathering layers over the white including rubs with lacquer thinner for chipping and wear.


Creating stowage decks over the intakes took some scratch build and fit time. The rear of the turret is so long that there is little room stowage that would not get knocked off. So basics such as jerry can racks and some small crates of supplies.




I needed to show off the camo so set this all up in a frozen deep forest scene including that scratch built figure I showed before. I think it looks cold.

Vince B.






1 comment:

Mike Stucker said...

Love this one. Great job on the camo. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.