Sunday, May 1, 2022

Marder I on Trailer

 You had all seen me working on both the Tamiya 1/35 Marder I as well as the Das Werk trailer kits. I had been showing progress on the Thursday night calls. The combination was a perfect fit.


Of course the new Tamiya kit was as perfect as it gets. The only added detail was the radio set wiring and head phones. All else was adding of the Value Gear bits. 


I had been practicing on my chips and scratches and am satisfied that I got the hang of it now. 
The Das Werk kit allows for several options in positioning. The rear wheels can be removed and the ramps put in place. There are two styles of ramps provided. Even the front wood panels can be in the raised position. I decided to pose the Marder already stored in place.
Unfortunately, most of the detail painting of the wood planks gets hidden away under the dirt work. 

Overall I got the effect I wanted and it only takes up one space in the display case instead of two. 

Vince B.  5-1-22


No comments: