Friday, March 8, 2013

Tamiya M26 Pershing

This kit came out about 6 years ago. The OOOOhhh AHHHH feature was some spring suspension of the tosion bars. Not all that big of a deal. As with most Tamiya kits, this was great as an' Out of the Box' build. This particular subject wasnt in any of my program plans, but I picked it up for $15 so I thought I would throw it together.


 I was pleasantly suprised to see that the rubber band tracks were completely gluable. No staples or sewing needed to secure the seam and the tracks even glue to the road wheels. As usual, I painted with Model Master enamels. I mixed some Forest Green with white to lighten the shade which I later toned darker with the Burnt Umber and Black oil washes. I tried to keep this one relatively clean, no heavy wear or rusting.
 
I also have a new technique for rough terrain ground work.

2 comments:

Frank said...

Nice work..what's the groundwork technique...??

Vince said...

I stumbled into a vegetable chopper at Big Lots. Used it for making soup. I then tried it on chunks of Woodlands Scenics Lychen and it can grind it down to mulch which I pressed into the wet sculpy. Makes for great roughage. Then I had to go back to Big Lots to get another one for the kitchen.