Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sturm Infantiergeschutz

This was another really old Dragon kit. It started as a junker from someone's collection, leftovers. It was going to be sci fi, but as I researched photos, I got more interested in doing it up right; at least close to right.  The base kit was lacking in some extra detail so I scratch built a stowage rack, added stowage and a few other accessories as I found in the photos. Lots of variation and field modifications. 

As usual, I paint with enamels laced with lacquer and heavily dullcoat between layers. Stowage is added mostly prior to painting. Straps are added first for hanging stowage. Afterward, I wash with oils and turpenoid.


Since the track links were individual, it allowed me to plan the sag in the appropriate areas.
Here you can see the stowage rack made from evergreen shapes. I did this in place of the secondary stowage box which is not included with this kit.
 
Vince B  8-31-13

No comments: