Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Panther ausf F "Paper Panzer"

Panthers are one of my favorite vehicles. There are many model kits out there to choose from but I like very late war vehicles. And I really like the theoretical "Paper Panzers".

This project started as Dragon's version of the ausf F but I added a few goodies along the way. Like the "gizmology" IR control box on the back where a Panther G stowage would be. I added scratch build anti-aircraft defense plating for the back deck and the "Schmal Turm" roof. I added IR sets for the driver, commander and gunner. 

Painting was done with Tamiya acrylics and weathering was accomplished with powders, hairspray technique, general washes and pin washes as well as filter coats and dry brushed with Humbrol mixed with artists oils.

I had fun with this and I hope you enjoy it too!!

Oh yes, and I added the ever useful, ever present, German AFV bucket!!







5 comments:

bulldog66 said...

Nicely done. Really like the look of the black and white photos.

bulldog66 said...

Nicely done. Really like the look of the black and white photos.

Jon Baker said...

I really love black and white. Thanks for your kind comments!!

Fred Levesque said...

Looks awesome! Great work with the camera also. Thanks for sharing Jon.

T Moon said...

Well done!
You need to share your technique on the AA armor plate!
Tom