Tuesday, July 8, 2014

1/35 Hobby Boss RSOV (Ranger Special Operations Vehicle)

This is the 1/35 Hobby Boss RSOV (Ranger Special Operations Vehicle). I did it out of the box and there were a lot of parts in that box. Way too many fiddly bits that didn't need to be added.

As a matter of subject, the kit comes very complete with lots of stowage and weapons as it should. By nature, the vehicle is for hit and run attacks. It is painted dark grey, nearly an old Panzer Gray so I mixed some Model Master blue with gunmetal to match the finish. The ammo cans and other weapons were in a dark green so there is some slight contrast to color. The machine guns are gunmetal and black.

I wish I had done more research on this before I had started. I would have taken a little more care and probably would have added some detail and alternate stowage and weapons options. There is another Hobby Boss kit with a variation on this one. Other than all of the cool stowage, this is a very dull colored vehicle and difficult for me to photograph.

I added some washes and pigments for mud and grime on the undercarriage and dry-brushed the main vehicle. I also used a new metallic buff to make the mirrors.

Vince Barrale



No comments: