Monday, July 28, 2014

Tiger Train: A Hypothetical Subject

First, a list of the major subjects being used:
Tiger Tank on Ferdinand Chassis
Flakvierling 38
Rail Car Gondola

The other half of the project is Evergreen and other structural materials.

After studying the multitudes of Armor Rail Cars used in the early wars, I realized that IF there had been an abundance of Tiger Tanks and the war had continued, Germany MIGHT have developed a Tiger Train. So I came up with the concept of a stripped out Ferdinand version of the Tiger prototype mounted to a rail car.

I added structural details to the Gondola and mounted the Ferdinand Chassis, building it into the armor plating. I created a superstructure to protect the men and a Flakvierling AA deck, similarly used on other armored trains.

The photos show what I have created so far.  Wasn't Frankenstein German??????   
 





 Vince Barrale

No comments: