Thursday, March 5, 2015

Improvised Gun Truck

This is a 1/35 scale Gun Truck using the Italeri 'Big Foot' 5 ton cargo carrier. I added the hulk of the M113 APC with components of various manufacturers. Armor plating skirts were added to the M113 and the Truck Cab.
 
 No you haven't seen one like this before but it was theorized by combining concepts used from Vietnam all the way through current Iraq conflicts.
 Gun Trucks in various forms have been used since WWII, adding welded steel plates to jeeps, trucks and Half Tracks.
 The turret was scratch built around a 'Live Resin' Gatlin gun kit so this vehicle would be considered a modern field conglomeration, utilizing available scrap as illustrated with the corrugated steel tire shields.
The blast resistant windows are Crystal Clear with food coloring for tint. I also cut out several machine gun ports in the M113 hull and mounted a grenade launcher. This was a lot of fun to design over the past year and now it is done.

Vince B. Mar 5, 2015

3 comments:

maximex said...

Fine publication and a great idea also
Thank you for this ...

bulldog66 said...

I like your window tint, Vince. Did you use green or yellow food coloring?

Vince said...

I used a mix of Crystal Clean with Green & Yellow. I was expecting a little more green tint, but when it dried, this was what I got. I will bring it into the next meeting.