Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf K - The Sequel

It's back and this time it's for real.... My last post on this old Dragon kit was more than a year ago - way back in January last year. I believe I stopped while working on some sort of rack to hold the crew boxes in place on the rear deck.  Well,  I managed to fashion that rear deck rack just a short time after I last posted about this project and then it sat undisturbed (again) until I decided to pick it up again and finally get it done.  As I said before, these first generation DML kits benefit from being spruced up here and there and still make decent representations of their subjects. The main advantage they have over the newer kits is their price.  The originals are frequently seen at shows or swap meets for pennies on the dollar and the Orange Box specials can also be found at discounted prices.

I picked it up, dusted it off, and started painting near the end of February this year.  Here are some in-progress pictures to prove I still do build a model now and then. Base coats are Tamiya, details and weathering are Vallejo, decals are Archer and Tamiya.  I'll post more when I finally get it finished.  Who knows...It may be another year before I get it done.



1 comment:

Vince said...

Great Job.

Cant wait to see what's next.