Wednesday, November 30, 2016

BMW R75

Well, this one was a challenge for me in 1/35 scale. These were leftovers from John Fords collection. Mixture of, I believe Italeri and Tamiya components.  I believe these kit were from the same molds?  Anyway, since I didn't have directions on the side car, I had to rely on the photos I found on the internet.  Building this taught me some about how it functioned mechanically.  I had not realized that the side car wheel was powered from the motorcycle through it own transmission.

I added missing details like SOME of the wiring and cables for throttle and ignition. The side car didn't have the machinegun mount so I found parts and stowage to put that together.

I didn't have decals so needed to go to my decals scraps to find the suitable markings.



Vince B. Dec 1.

No comments: