Wednesday, November 30, 2016

VK 4205 (P) Hintern

This is just one of the King Tiger Prototypes that wasn't chosen for production.  I couldn't find any photos of the real thing so I am not sure it made it off the drafting table.

This is the Hobby Boss kit, which I was pretty impressed with. To start, the turret detail interior was so fine that I had to leave open all of the hatches and put a light in it.  Still cant see all of the detail inside without taking the turret off.  I even left out the ammo to help see inside from the rear hatch.

I did paint this up and add some markings to represent it in action as if it had been manufactured. I like the grey color scheme.  I used a combination of Gun Metal and blue to create the warn effect, then did the usual layers of oil washes.

The tracks were individual half links.  Two pieces per length so you had to be sure to keep them alternating in order. I sis this in length and link sections to be able to fit the wheels and sprockets. There were extra links  so I made some stowage racks on the turret to hang them.



Vince B. Dec 1

1 comment:

Jon Baker said...

Unusual vehicle and a well done model. Good work Vince! I had not heard of gun metal and blue mixed for the base coat. It looks very convincing in the pictures.

I've not seen any pictures of this vehicle either but it looks like the chassis of an Elephant or Ferdinand and the turret is a Tiger II (Porsche configuration). The exhaust, I think, would have been changed to exit in another location on the production vehicle. Great thing about a Paper Panzer is being able to speculate!!Good job!

I love PPR_PNZRS!!

Baker