Friday, December 8, 2017

My 1/35 Trumpeter "KRUG-a" SA-4.  I spent about 80 hours over June and July this year  building this beast.  After a coat of Tamiya grey primer from a rattle can, I used AMMO by Mig acrylics and Tamiya chrome/silver on the missiles.  I added a figure from TAHK for scale
 I was really pleased with the tracks.  Although individual links, they come off the spruce well and snap together easily.  I think they got the sag look going pretty good
 
As usual, at about 75% complete I messed up.  I was trying to use different shades of Alclad on the missiles and the blue tack painter's tape I was using to mask off panels was too strong and pulled off a bunch of paint and primer.   I stripped the missiles and just went with the old standby Tamiya chrome/silver. 
Overall I enjoyed building and painting the kit.  It only has a little bit of photo-etch (grills) so I'm thinking it would be a "Vince Approved" kit.  I am still learning the whole weathering technique.  I got along way to go with that aspect, along with my photographic skills.
 
Thanks for allowing me to post here.  - George




1 comment:

Vince said...

Excellent. Yes I approve of the kit and your skills. Thank you for posting.