Wednesday, December 6, 2017

LVT (A) 1

OK.  I promise this is the last completed kit for the year. I started this one in Jan and had a very specific look in mind. This is the old Italeri kit. A few pointers for anyone wanting to build this.
Step one: Throw out the hard rubber tracks and get Fruilisimo replacements.  I Did Not do this.  I struggled through as they kept breaking.  With many staples and sewed up seems, this is the big reason for doing it on the beach.

Notice the wads of seaweed drug along the tracks.  You guessed it, hiding the staples or threads. It does provide a good effect with the turbulence of the vehicle rising onto the beach, tearing up the sand and dragging junk along with it.

 The water is DAP Clear Silicone Caulking. Takes a few days to dry enough to rub some grey / white paint to simulate the foam and waves.
 Since I couldn't have action of the LVT coming out of the water without figures, I cobbled up a few to fit.  Bits and pieces of mismatched soldiers.
While writing this up, I realized I forgot the antenna.  I will get that added now.

Vince B. 12-6-17

No comments: