Sunday, May 28, 2017

Russian KV-5

I have been told that there was One of these actually used in combat, but I haven't been able to find a single photo of the real thing.  This was an extended KV-2 chassis adding 2 more road wheels and 1 return roller. The engine was probably upgraded too.

Enough tech, this was the TAKOM kit which went together so well.  My only issue was with making the individual tracks.  Not really a big deal, but cumbersome

I used Model Master enamel Gunmetal as the primer. Then slowly added coats of Humbrol green, until it was the shade I wanted.  I gloss coated, added decals, gloss coated again, then oil washed, dot washed and pin washed in sequence.

After several rounds of dull coating, I went back with Burnt Umber oils and simulated wear in the paint on edges, steps, hatches and hinges.  Brushed in a little Indian Red for rust, then thinned out with another wash.
Next, I will mount on a rubble base.

Vince B.  5-28-17.

1 comment:

Jon Baker said...

looks really good Vonce