Saturday, August 26, 2017

A7V in 1/35 scale


This is the MENG A7V kit with interior, No Engine. There are lots of nice details and fidley bits to this kit. There are also some very important, tiny Photo Etch parts that need to be used, so this was a rough one for me. In order to pose the viewing windows open, there are tiny trim hooks that fit into the window frame. There were also bits for the hinged view port covers.

 Since this had such a detailed interior, I couldn't let it go to waste by closing it all up.  I languished over the best way to pose it and allow the interior to be seen, so I left off one side and opened the driver / commander hatch.
 I also took advantage of the interior clutter by adding more personal equipment stowage for the 11 man crew.  Yes it was cramped in there. I E-Bayed some company that put out resin equipment bundles for WWI German troops and hung them on the walls and added other helmets and equipment as needed.
I finished off by mudding up the linkage and drive assemblies.

Vince B.  Aug 27.

1 comment:

Mike Stucker said...

Looks really good, Vince. Can't wait to see this at the next meeting.