Friday, August 25, 2017

MAUS in 1/35 scale

Happy Hurricane Harvey day.

This is the old Dragon kit. Came out great, very simple and basic kit.  NO PHOTO ETCH, so believe it or not, I added my own engine screens.  These were vinyl scraps from a broken window screen and used Gator Glue to hold them onto the engine vents.


I used my own decal stash for decoration. Added some spare tracks and stowage to enhance the turret, not that it wasn't big enough already.


 I made some short antennae and placed where it seemed there was a place for them.
 There were several places for various sized tow hooks, so I added them from spares, not like there would have been any tow cables.
I did the standard freehand airbrushing with various colors until I had the random pattern that I wanted. Used several oil washes and wipes to weather, the dry brushing over dullcoats.

No comments: