Saturday, December 29, 2018

Syrian T-72

This is the Modelcollect kit, of course in 1/72 scale. BUT stay tuned for 1/35 scale Modelcollect kits.

 I love the detail on these kits and the wide range of subjects. In 1/72 scale there are a lot of fidley bits requiring steady hand and tweezers.

 I had lots of fun with the weathering. After the enamel coats and gloss wax, I used heavy oil wash solution with turpenoid to really get into the multi layered details.
 After several dull coatings, I drybrushed the whole tank. 
Details I hadnt seen before just popped out. I am really happy with the result. 

Vince B.  1-1-19

2 comments:

George Karker said...

It looks to have excellent detail for 1/72. I really like the T-72s. Wish my eyes were better, I'd like to build tom of these.

Werner said...

Great looking kit Vince! 1/72 is a bit tiny for me though, nice jobe nonetheless!