Thursday, January 10, 2019

M3 Stuart


I haven't posted in awhile. Here is my version of the Tamiya M3 Stuart. Nice kit. I put her on a base and got her all muddy.
The ground work is just plaster over a stained piece of wood. I painted the plaster with Tamiya Flat Brown, and put down a layer of Woodland Scenics Fine Turf Earth. Then a layer of Woodland Scenics Fine Turf Green Grass, then a just a bit of Woodland Scenics Static Grass Flock. The mud is Vallejo's Thick Brown mud. And then I added lichen with more Green Turk sprinkled on.

I painted the vehicle with Tamiya Olive Drab. I did a black pin wash and then weathered with pastels and the Vallejo Thick Brown mud.


 I chose to put Russian decals to add some additional variety. There are a couple more things I would like to add but we will see.

1 comment:

George Karker said...

I like the mud and weathered dusting of the pastels.

Going to be tough to beat come the end of January.