Monday, April 15, 2019

Rail Yard in 1/72

I am not yet sure what to call this diorama. I guess first I need to review what all is in this.
1) Reintochter Rockets and Launchers.(Modelcollect)
2) Flat Transport Cars ( Modelcollect)
3) Diesel Locomotive (Hobby Boss)
4) Figures (Hasegawa)
5) Special Rail cars for launchers (Hasegawa)
6) 5 Ton Cranes (Trumpeter)
7) Rails / Tracks  (HobbyBoss)
Some special features added were the Ghost Canvas covers on the rail cars. There are no rockets or anything else under these covers made from glue soaked paper towels and some ship line ropes.

The brick crane pedestals were made from Tamiya Brick Wall sections and evergreen strips.

For the crane cables I used EZ Line to allow for some flexibility in the tension.
I made the Rocket Lift Yokes from tape, evergreen rod and wire.


Vince B 4-15-19

1 comment:

Werner said...

Trains, rockets and WW2 Kraut stuff! What more could a person ask for?