Thursday, April 18, 2019

Russian S-51 SPG

Well, its time again to play Russian Roulette. This will be my entry for the SPG club challenge.
This is an older Trumpeter kit.  Yes, it was a challenge. Hope you are all sitting down because I did do the Photo Etch.

 I was pretty OK with the parts fit and detail from Trumpeter. I was unable to completely figure out from an engineers perspective exactly how the mechanisms were intended to operate.
 Of course I had to add some stowage. I used components from a MiniArt weapons set to hang on the rails. I used micro tape for the straps.
 Apparently this was a one of a kind experiment. I only found a few photos of the real one on line to go by. There were several modeler interpretations which would indicate they may have found some actual drawings of more details.
Vince B.  Apr 18-2019

1 comment: