Sunday, September 1, 2019

Takom Merkava Mk I

This is thee very detailed Takom Israeli Merkava MK 1. Early 1980s.

 Other than adding stowage and antennae, this kit doesn't need any additional detailing. It is almost set up for adding a rear interior set.
 Th back hatch interior details shouldnt be wasted. I had to leave it open and boxed off a small area inside the doorway.
I used the Legend  Resin Stowage components and added other items. I like to fit the items in and glue in place before starting painting. Then I can go back afterward and detail paint, blend and wash. 

The antennae are actually Fiber Optics. I wrapped wire bases so that I could realistically bend the antennae for being tied down. 

Vince B  9-1-19

1 comment:

Werner said...

Nice model! I may get one of those for my pending diorama!