Sunday, September 15, 2019

The Crew @ AMPS

Our club had a good turn out at the AMPS show in Austin on Saturday. The crew was in good spirits when I left at about 1:30 pm, as you can tell from the photo. A few other club members were we not available for the photo shoot as they were helping out with the contest. Tom Moon was running part of model distribution system shuttleing models from the judges area to the tables under the watchful eyes of the builders while Eric Choy was running everything else.


I personally had a good day wining 2 door prizes and picking up some un-needed inventory for my stash. Both 1/35 scale kits (Tamiya's M4A3E8 and Zvezda's new T-90) new in the box with shrink wrap.

Most of the guys had entries on the tables and should have placed well in various categories. I hope to see some of their award winning builds posted here.

It was a nice show and a good way to spend a Saturday.  If you couldn't make this year's event try to make the next one, it was worth it to me.

Model on dudes - George

(PS, If my wife ever asks, I won everything I came home with.  Ya'all have to cover me on this one)






No comments: