Friday, October 18, 2019

Russian KZKT-537L Russian Tractor

My attempt to build one of Takom's 1/72 trucks that come in the Russian Army Tractor Set.  Believe it or not after 30+ years in this hobby, this is my first 1/72 scale kit, and it made my eyes bleed.


It went together well, just a bit of small stuff to fiddle with.  I used Ammo by Mig paints and the salt chipping technique to create the rusty spots.  The load in the bed is a mash up from my spares and a barrel set from Value Gear.  I broke the mirrors of about 4X each and you can imagine the fit I had with the photo-etched wipers.  I hit it with an enamel wash and lightly dusted it with pigments.


I added slapped together a base to show the vehicle setting on a tarmac with some other cargo setting on a concrete slab.


Maybe I've got one more 1/72 scale kit in me, but I got to rest my eyes for a while.

Thanks for looking - George

2 comments:

Vince said...

Hi George. That really looks great. We will see it at the next meeting?

Werner said...

Nice job George!