Wednesday, January 8, 2020

M60-A2 Starship

As with all Dragon kits, this one was a pain in the fidley bits. The most difficult area was the assembly of the turret basket with all of the PHOTO ETCH screens which had to be bent to fit the various compartments.

I didnt find a lot of good reference photos to help with details.  I did have to add a lot of individual stowage items, resin and plastic.
 The fun part as always is the weathering. Keeping in mind that much of the mud and muck in the jungle was a reddish clay, hard to distinguish from rust. I used oil washes with Mig powders for the various layers of mud on the lower hull and running gear.
I am satisfied with the overall result of the build which I started 3 years ago.

Vince B 1-8-20

1 comment:

Werner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.