Saturday, January 11, 2020

Polish PL-01 Light Tank

This is the Takom model of the PL-01 light tank proposed by the Polish army in 2013. It is based on the Swedish CV90120-T. The project never got past the concept stage. The model is painted with acrylics and lightly weathered with oils & acrylics.

It assembles relatively easily except I had to putty much of the mating edges of the two turret halves. The tracks are length and link.

The kit instructions show two paint options, a prototype in solid grey or a deployed version in standard NATO camoflage. Neither really appealed to me, so I did my own scheme (it's all conceptual, right?) of black tiger stripes over grey.






The Polish flags on the model are upside down. Arg! That would make it, I believe, Indonesian. I have since corrected the flags on the model.

4 comments:

Werner said...

Kool. I thought that was Takom?

Mike Stucker said...

Yea, its Takom. I'll fix the post.

Werner said...

That is an amazing looking vehicle...nice job.

Fred Levesque said...

Looks great Mike!!!
I really like it.