Thursday, September 17, 2020

 ENTHUSIASM INJECTION

I've been working on 2 builds for a while, an entry to the John Baker Commemorative Build and one for the Engineering Vehicle Build.  Both have laid siege to my bench and as of Tuesday night I had lost my modeling Mojo.  The Engineering Vehicle is from Rye Fields Models and has about broken my will to live with all it's minute detailed micro components.  I read somewhere that a remade for loosing your modeling Mojo is to step back, clean your bench and then take a shot at a one day quick build.  This is my attempt at this course of action with the hopes of injecting some enthusiasm back into my efforts.

I've had in mind a vignette that would include US Comms team maintaining a remote solar powered antenna array.  I have all the other components of the vignette (not yet built) but I had nothing for an antenna.  So here is my shot at a one day scratch built one

01 Hours - Plan made & materials collected


04 Hours - Coarse build complete

05 Hours - Primed & Dry (most warts now hidden) 

08 Hours - Painted and Weathered

Well so much for a Wednesday!  Still got some clear coating and weathering to do.  I'll get to that when I do the vignette.  I think it did work on helping me regain my Mojo. The problem now is I have enthusiasm for this new vignette and absolutely none to go back to the two builds initially mentioned at the beginning of this post.  I guess that's how some of us have 5 to 10 projects going at one time.

Thanks for looking.  -  George

1 comment:

Werner said...

A fine job indeed George.
I ran into exactly the same issue when I was working on my BTR. I had to put it down for a few days and clear my head, then I was able to get back to it.