Monday, April 26, 2021

British Heavy Tank Mk V Male.

 A full year in the making. The moment that you have all been waiting for... well many of you... OK, a few of you have been waiting for. This is the MENG Mk. V Male with completely detailed full interior. 

It was just too cool to close up, so I had to be creative.  I set it up as if it was a Museum exhibit with the sections cut away. I even included the display boards, runway ropes and simulated steel frame supports for the sections of the tank. I even used the spare track links for a display stand.

This was really fun to work on... OK, it was a tedious pain in the....tank.  Most of the linkages and tiny detail parts were tweezered. It was very difficult to hold onto anything without breaking something off. 


The coolest part was engine. I purposely left the covers off.  Can you imagine, they wanted you to close this up after all the work involved? Keep in mind that this is out of the box, despite it being left open.


I also added some interior back lighting, like they would do in a museum. I was also tempted to do overhead spot lights, but that was a bit much. 

This will compliment the similar arrangement I did on the German A7V. That didn't come with a detailed engine.

Vince B. 4-26-21




3 comments:

Mike Stucker said...

Beautiful work.

Don Schulte said...

I have seen it LIVE, and I can tell you that it is quite impressive!!!

Werner said...

Damn fine job Vince. You knocked this one out of the park brother!