Wednesday, August 24, 2022

E75 Heavy Tank with 128MM Flak 40 Gun

 These 1/72 scale Fist of War, Modelcollect kits are great for experimenting and enhancing. The E-75 is a basic King Tiger. Length and link track, are OK, if you are careful.  Since there was no turret for the extra links, I made frontal amor out of them.

The 128mm Gun was more detailed, but needed some enhancement. I created the walk around structure from evergreen strips and shapes and some screen.  I then use my spare parts boxes to create the elevated rotation system. I also added some bits of brass tube to the barrel. 


  
Overall I achieved  the effect I was going for here as well as wear on the tank. I wanted to give the impression that the turret was somehow destroyed and replaced with an experimental replacement.
Vince B 8-25-22

 


No comments: