Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Panther on Flatcar

 Both of these kits are OLD Dragon. As such they lack some details, especially on the Panther. This was before photoetch screens were available, so I made from screen. Anyway, they were mostly obscured with the stowage. I added various bits to indicate that the tank was loaded and shipped out in a hurry.

You can see that they neglected to run the Panther through the wash before loading as the dried mud has fallen off the tracks as it was loaded on the flatcar.

Note that several of the side skirts were hastily replaced but not painted. The camo was free hand airbrushed in layers. I performed both Sponge and brush chipping before final weathering.  Oil Washes were applied in layers with gloss coats in between.

Overall I am happy with the results of my add ons and effects of the weathering and wear on both the Panther and Flatcar. I believe that the rails and wood came out well along with the painting of the flatcar wood decking, mostly obscured by the tank and stowage.


Vince B. 8-17-22


1 comment:

Mike Stucker said...

This may sound a bit weird, but what stands out to me about this model is the dirt on the flat car deck. It looks just like it fell off the tracks as the tank was being loaded onto the car. Very realistic. Another great model, Vince. Well done.