Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Kugelpanzer Werks

 This was a fun project which took exactly 2 years.  I started with the Das Werk Kugelpanzer kit which includes 2 very simple assembly ball tanks. In reality, these one-man vehicles were intended for scouting. There were only 2 made as far as could be determined so I took some liberties with the markings and paint schemes. 


I added figures and equipment from MiniArt as well as other plastic and resin bits around the shop. You probably noticed the working shop lights. These were scrap built from styrene strips. They were mounted with brass tube and wired through some HO scale bridge Tressel. The floor was part of another Miniart street scene. The intent is that this back-alley extension to the plant was all that was available to make the Kugels.




I also scrap built the walls from foam board and the doors were cobbled from Gondola siding with some added details to make rolling doors on rail.  I downloaded some pics of drawings of the Kugels and shrunk them and printed off various sizes to be used around the shop.


The rail cat was entirely scrap built, mostly with evergreen strips and a gondola side as wooden top. I filled the open crates with straw, from cutting up twine, and imbedded some resin engine parts. 


I think the hand tools were from an Italeri field workshop.  I also scrap built some electrical boxes and cables using bits and copper wire. 


Overall, I am happy with the results

Vince B. 11-29-22




1 comment:

Mike Stucker said...

Great work! As I've said before, I really love those doors.