Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Raumer Racers

 This is a humorous take on the use of the WWII German Mine Rollers. These are the 1/72 scale models from the Takom kit. Really nice detail and went together well.  The only extra details needed were the power and control cables between the Raumer sections and the steering chains on the rear of the smaller unit.

The figures, I think, are Preiser. The telephone poles, signs and barrels are Italeri. 
I scratch built the fence from balsa wood and toothpicks.
As usual its all painted with lacquers and enamels and detailed out with oil paints. 
I thought the mine blast hole on the other side of the fence was a nice touch. 
I refrained from putting in body parts since this was for Humor.

The Telephone wires are EZ line.

I used dry wall spackle for the road portions and a combo with sculptamold for the groundwork.
Overall, this came out exactly as I pictured it when I started.      see the video on U-Tube.    https://youtu.be/xDLijdFoRf4

Vince B.  6-8-23            



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vince, how do I get to your YouTube channel? I typed the address in the post into my browser and it says the page no longer exists. Let me know-George

Anonymous said...

Great content on the scene

Vince said...

My U-Tube channel is:

Unique Scrap Built Models