Wednesday, February 28, 2018

T-30 U.S. Heavy Tank

This is one of those monster Tank Prototypes being developed at the end of WWII to combat the King Tiger etc. I believe a handful were built and tested.  This is the Takom kit. Very nicely detailed from my perspective.


There were of course some fidley bits which required tweezers and patience. Though I am pretty happy with it, I believe our club Target expert can find the flaws in my work.


For me the greatest challenge is the basic Olive Drab, what color is it really?  From various photos it changes with the light.  Also It is difficult to bring some depth to a single color, so I washed and weathered it to bring out more details.


I have an open question regarding what looks like a large view port alongside the barrel. Is it a scope with a lens?



The kit comes with 3 variations of the mantlet and barrels.  I selected the Short one which I believe made it the T-30 version rather than the T-34. In case you cant tell, that turret rear end was huge.

That completes the 5th ARMOR model this year so far,








Vince B. 2-28-18

1 comment:

Werner said...

Nice tank Vince. I will have to research this baby, and after seeing yours methinks a T-30 may be on my list of things to do.
Good job...