Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Sd.Kfz 231 6 Rad

This is the 1/35th scale Italieri kit of the German WWII 6-wheeled Sd.Kfz. 232. I left off the radio arials, which converts it into a Sd.Kfz. 231. The commander figure is from the Miniart "German Tank Crew (France 1940)" set. Despite this, it represents a vehicle used in the invasion of Poland. The bucket is from Armand Biardi with a wire handle.

The vehicle is painted with Tamiya German Gray and Flat Brown. The camo was airbrushed freehand. The figure is hand painted with various acrylics. Weathering was done with oil washes and PanPastels. (Yes, I finally broke open one of the sets I got from Amazon a couple of years ago.) It is only lightly weathered as they seem to be pretty clean in most of the photos I've seen. I was going for more of a dust than mud effect.

Ground cover is railroad grass over Vellejo Brown Earth paste. The plants are autumn goldenrod from Scenic Express.

This is my Jon Baker Build entry.







3 comments:

George Karker said...

Looks like an early version of a Monster Truck.

Nice clean build. I think I'm going back to little or no weathering. I've blown it on my last two builds.

Keep the wheeled stuff coming. I need to ditch the tracks and come to the dark side too.

Vince said...

It good to see that you kept the weathering light.

Werner said...

Nice job Mike.